- The way we collect, use and disclose personal information;
- The way we store such personal information;
- The way that access can be granted to personal information held by us;
- The way we dispose of personal information;
- The manner of dealing with any complaints concerning the correctness of or access to personal information held by us.
Whizz Kids Toys CIC is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Whizz Kids Toys CIC may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
What information we collect?
We may collect the following information:
- First and last name
- Shipping and billing address
- Contact information including email address
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What is the purpose of this information?
We require this information to process your orders and understand your needs and provide you with a better service. In particular for the following reasons:
- Fulfil our contract with you to process and dispatch your orders.
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided. You may opt out of these emails at any time.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests. You may opt out of these communications at any time.
How do we protect the security of this information?
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
To further protect your security, we also take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access to your personal profile or making data changes. Your account at https://whizzkids-toys.co.uk is password protected.
We request you to maintain the confidentiality of your username and password for your Whizz Kids Toys account.
If you wish to change any personal information stored in Your Account, simply log in to and make the changes.
If you wish to close your account and have your personal information deleted, please Contact Us here.
If you have subscribed to our monthly newsletter, you may unsubscribe at any time or amend your details following the links on the email.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Stripe Credit Card Secure Payment Portal
Whether you use Stripe as a Guest or create an Account for your purchase, Stripe offers top notch protection of your data. Every transaction is monitored and heavily guarded behind Stripe’s advanced encryption to help prevent fraud and identity theft.
Courier Company Partners
We disclose your name, shipping address, email address and phone number to our courier partners and Royal Mail in order to process and dispatch your order effectively. We have to do this to perform our contract with you.
Social Media Plug-Ins
Social Media plug-ins for Facebook and Instagram obtain data for tracking purposes.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes.
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us here
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the General Data Protection Regulation 2016. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please Contact Us here. We will provide this information within 28 days.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Disposing of your personal information
We securely store your personal information for as long as you have your account with Whizz Kids Toys, or as long as is needed for us to be able to provide the relevant goods or services to you. Whizz Kids Toys CIC’s general retention policy is to retain information for 6 years.
In some circumstances, such as to meet our legal or regulatory obligations, resolve disputes, prevent fraud and abuse, or enforce our terms and conditions, we may hold on to your personal information after we’ve finished providing services to you, or for longer than our general retention policy.
Paper copies of your personal information are shredded. Electronic copies of your personal information are permenantly deleted from our systems.
Amended February 2020
What are cookies and how do they work?
A cookie is a small text file containing information that can be remembered by a web browser between pages. When an individual uses a web browser to access the internet, their browser can create cookies which are stored on the user’s computer. Cookies are not programs and therefore cannot contain viruses or other malicious software. They are purely a string of text and numbers.
Session cookies only last during a single visit. When you close your web browser the session cookie information is automatically removed from your computer.
Persistent cookies are stored by the user’s web browser even when the web browser has been closed, so that the next time a user goes back to the website that originally set the cookie, the web site can read information back from the cookie.
Persistent cookies have an expiry date which controls when they are automatically deleted. This can be anything from a few minutes to several years, depending on your own browser settings.
Session cookies are used for two purposes:
- Session cookies are set that temporarily store a unique identifier for each visitor to the website. This identifier is a random series of letters and numbers and doesn’t contain any personal or identifiable information. It is used to help count the number of visitors to the Whizz Kids Toys website.
- Cookies are set by the computer systems that run the Whizz Kids Toys website. These cookies are used as part of the process of sending web pages to the user’s web browser and are essential – no website using Microsoft technology will work without these cookies.
Persistent cookies are used for the following purposes:
- Whizz Kids Toys CIC use their own cookies to remember which items a customer has put into their basket. By using a persistent cookie for this, a customer can close their web browser and come back to the Whizz Kids Toys website subsequently and still be able to access items that had been put into their shopping basket on a previous visit. This cookie is essential for the functioning of the Whizz Kids Toys CIC website as without it customers would be unable to place items into the shopping basket.
- A number of persistent cookies are also set by the computers that run the Whizz Kids Toys CIC website. These cookies are solely used to record technical information necessary for our web servers to work properly. No personally identifiable information in stored in these cookies.
You can choose to accept or decline these cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. However, this may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Published August 2016